Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reality

Today is my first day back at work after a month off and I feel like reality has hit me hard. Its not that my patients have been mean, or that work is particularly hard today, its just that for so long I haven’t really had to do anything… and now I am just not sure if I like it all that much.
Its not really a secret, but I just really don’t think I am made for full time work. I know that at my current stage of life it is more of a necessity than anything, but sometimes I wonder why it has to be.

I guess the difference for me today is that going back to work doesn’t mean just going back to work, it also means putting all my stuff back in my car and heading back to Castlemaine and away from Dave. This is what I think sucks the most, going back to work means going back to living by myself and saying goodbye to the luxury of having my old life so close. I know that in a few days time I will be fine and it will be like I was never on holidays, but for now I am just having a whinge.

No comments:

Post a Comment